Bubble - Full-Time - Manhattan, NYC
Bubble enables thousands of businesses around the world to build software solutions without code. Our users use Bubble to build personal, side projects to VC-backed startups. We are often a critical part of our customers’ operations and are very proud to help businesses achieve success through better software. As Bubble’s first designer, you will help shape and maintain our visual identity. You’ll work directly with our founders to support our brand’s ongoing evolution across our website, application editor, marketing efforts and educational materials. You will have a direct impact on how people perceive and use our product and service.
In particular, you will
- Help evolving our application and plugin editors to their next visual iteration, to get them on brand with our visual identity and homepage
- Create marketing and communication materials
- Improve our visual presence on social media
- Help create beautiful templates and themes for our marketplace
- Help create educational content for our users
We’re looking for someone with:
- A great, diverse portfolio (web and print)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Expertise in Sketch, Adobe Suite, or similar design tools;
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task across projects;
- Ability to communicate ideas quickly through sketching or other lo-fi design techniques;
- 2+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced environment.
Additionally, while not required, we appreciate it if you
- Have good CSS skills;
- Know how to use Bubble already.
This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with Bubble’s founder to shape the visual identity of a fast-growing, mission and community-driven startup.
- Opportunity for impact: we have an open, direct team culture: leadership discusses initiatives, issues, and plans openly, and enjoys being challenged on their thinking. Our product has a ton of surface area, so there’s an unlimited amount of room to improve things.
- We move fast: we are product-led and are focused on execution in the day-to-day. This means no endless meetings on strategy and execution. If we disagree about a feature direction, we'll default to trying it out in a quick, low-risk way.
- Ownership: we manage the company against how happy our users are and how proud we are of what we are building, which means our work is never done. If you pitch something you think would dramatically improve our users’ lives and the team agrees, the response will almost certainly be: “great! Let’s give it a shot!”
Other perks include:
- Equity: we offer equity in addition to your compensation. Our goal is to build a company that will still be here in 20 years years, and we want you to have a stake in that future
- 401K: We have a 401K program.
- Benefits: we offer excellent medical, dental and vision coverage as well as membership for concierge primary care though One Medical.
- Flexibility: while care a lot about building a team that loves working together in the office we do not value facetime and do not expect you to be chained to your desk.
- Generous vacation: we have an unlimited vacation and sick-day policy.
- Relocation: if you're coming from out of state and need relocation assistance, we can discuss this as part of your offer package.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a note at the link below with your resume and portfolio and why you're interested. This is a full-time position and based in Manhattan, New York.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay to apply. That is a scam! Always verify you’re actually talking to the company in the job post and not an impostor. When clicking the button above, you will leave JobsForDesigners and go to the job application page for that company outside of this website. JobsForDesigners accepts no liability or consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.