Lead Graphic Designer
Plum Guide - Full-Time - London, UK
The Plum Guide is looking for a talented, ambitious and motivated middleweight or senior graphic designer to join the Brand and Marketing Team. The role will be key to the successful launch of a revamped brand and identity and the transitioning of the business to compete alongside other world-class organisations on the global stage.
What is The Plum Guide?
The Plum Guide is a startup tech company working in the homestay space built on a similar model to the likes of Airbnb or Booking. However, we’re much more than just another booking platform: We meticulously search for, hand-select, rigorously test and collect data on the top 1% of properties in each city we are present in. It’s this level of detail that makes us different from our competitors and attractive to our cultured, creatively-minded customer base.
Currently, we operate in London, Los Angeles, Milan, New York, Paris and Rome with plenty more cities to come this year and beyond. We’re in the process of completing a Series B round of funding which will see us take the next leap forward in everything we do, but in particular, we are excited that it will give us a once in a career opportunity to develop and deploy a differentiated and iconic brand and identity that we can all be proud of.
What’s the role?
While the role will focus squarely on creating the highest possible quality work throughout, we think the role will have two distinct phases:
In the near term, you will contribute to the development of the brand and identity by translating a new visual system into many of its real-world manifestations – across ad creative, host and guest collateral, PR, promotions and campaigns and internal activations. You will be expected to expand and interpret it afresh for new mediums and applications as the organisation and its touchpoints rapidly expand and evolve. You’ll help other teams within Plum to understand and interpret the new identity and bring the brand to life in a way that fits their diverse needs. You will be the go-to advisor on what a successful application of the brand and identity looks like.
Over the long term, you will be in charge of producing world-class work that will ensure our brand stands apart from the competition as a design-led business. You will help build a loyal following of customers, hosts and cultural thought leaders from the worlds of architecture, design and hospitality.
If that didn't sound demanding enough, your role will not be limited to design alone. The Brand and Marketing Team are charged with making Plum famous and we’ll need your help, energy and support to come up with new ideas, help educate other teams, be the flagbearer for quality and standards and chip in occasionally on other workstreams.
What are we looking for from the successful candidate?
- You’re super-talented, excited about great ideas and committed to doing great work.
- You’ll have a portfolio chocked full that shows a breadth of print and some digital design work and have the experience to match.
- You'll be fluent in ‘brand’ and ‘design’ and open to, and able to hold your own in, ‘strategy’ conversations.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality.
- A practical, pragmatic, can-do attitude. You like getting things done, efficiently.
- You should be able to use Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign at a professional level.
- Experience of After Effects, Sketch, Lightroom and Final Cut are a bonus, but not essential.
- Some artworking, basic retouching, headline writing and print production experience would also be a benefit.
- You should have at least three years experience of working in-house, in an agency, studio or another creative environment
- You should be able to give examples of how you have managed work with freelancer or third-party photography, illustration, animation or production specialists.
Please note: This is not a digital product design role. Although you will need to collaborate with the product design team, they sit as part of the tech team. As such neither UX development experience nor a deep knowledge of digital design are an essential requirement at this point.
Have a hand in developing and growing a brand that is currently in its infancy and will continue to build a portfolio of world-class, real-world work alongside a case study and personal story that you will be proud to tell ex-colleagues, friends and family.
- Work and learn alongside a smart and growing team experienced in design, strategy, and analytics who have worked with famous clients such as Samsung, BBC, Coca-cola, Formula E, Sony Music and Virgin Media in studios, small and global consultancies and even run their own businesses!
- Genuine influence and control: Plum is a meritocracy and offers plenty of opportunities to grow beyond expanding your experience and knowledge as an individual. If you perform well and create impact for the business it will be recognised.
- Socially we are young and fun. We have drinks on a Friday and an open and energetic working environment.
We’re looking for the right person, not the right price. We’ll offer a competitive and appealing salary to the right candidate. They will be entitled to five weeks holiday per annum and statutory pension benefits. We also have a generous options scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all.
When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay to apply. That is a scam! Always verify you’re actually talking to the company in the job post and not an impostor. When clicking the button above, you will leave JobsForDesigners and go to the job application page for that company outside of this website. JobsForDesigners accepts no liability or consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.