Product / UX Designer
AMOpportunities, Inc - Full-Time - Chicago, USA
Who We Are
At AMOpportunities we work to connect international medical students with clinical experiences/rotations in the US, and we partner with medical schools and institutions, physicians and private practices to create valuable educational programs for our visitors. The world is facing a global shortage of healthcare professionals, and AMOpportunities works to ensure that medical students have access to the clinical training they need to become the next generation of caregivers We are a Series-A funded startup and a market leader in our field.
At AMO, we partner with trainees and educators to shape a world where an individual with a dream can learn anywhere, train anywhere, and work anywhere.
We believe in a future where all people have equal access to education, training, and career opportunities regardless of national origin, belief, or identity. We strive to create this future by empowering connections that transcend borders and increase educational equity.
About this position
We are building out our design team and hiring a mid-level Product/UX position. You will work with our Lead Product Designer and our Engineering team within an Agile/Scrum framework to meet product roadmap targets and deliverables. You will have the opportunity to create and manage service design process, develop insights across our ecosystem, and deliver high-impact products with meaningful and transformational user experience for our customers.
Projects include but are not limited to
- Assist in building out our omnichannel notification system.
- Assist in building out our new website.
- Assist in planning, designing, and execution of iterations on our existing apps.
- Assist in developing requirements and eliciting processes for new product features.
- Opportunities to explore and build out graphic/illustration/motion design collateral.
- Perform usability evaluations, implement deeper accessibility standards, gather user analytics.
- Assist in creating and facilitating design thinking workshops and exercises.
- Craft Engaging Experiences - Understand and support customers’ needs and our business objectives by solving problems in meaningful and interesting ways. Bring in relevant inspiration.
- Communicate and Collaborate - develop an understanding of technical limitations, where to take liberties and how to communicate across different teams and offices.
- Design for Scale - Create experiences across multiple touchpoints, mediums, products, regions and customers without sacrificing consistency and simplicity.
- Develop Product Consistency - develop product principles and level-appropriate approaches, from setting vision > goals > strategy > tactics > activities > daily tasks.
- Prototype, Research, Test, Iterate - Be comfortable concepting and working in low fidelity to high fidelity; conduct and gather user research and perform testing, learn and iterate on designs.
- Define & Document - Create and help systematize artifacts and deliverables that articulate our users needs, information architecture, product principles, and design details necessary to bring something to life with our engineers
- Mentor, Lead, Inspire - mutual enrichment and learning across our team, engage the larger design community
- Advocate and Invest - in growing our design capacity across our organization, as well as customer research and discovery activities
- Strong design thinking skills and experience with service design methodologies/artifacts.
- Strong UX mindset and ability to analyze experiences and interactions and explain the why.
- Growing user research skills.
- Experience with UX content strategy and development.
- Strong team communication, collaboration, and group facilitation skills.
- Strong visual design and prototyping skills, and modern design tools (Sketch, Figma, Framer, XD, InVision, Axure, Illustrator, and Photoshop). We are open to your toolbox and workflows.
- Experience collaborating with multi-functional teams including product, engineering, marketing and end user groups.
- Strong understanding of the web, web apps, native mobile apps, responsive design.
- HTML/CSS skills.
- Portfolio of previous work.
- A bachelor's degree, program certification in a relevant field, or equivalent years' work experience.
- Experience with building living design systems and omnichannel touchpoint strategy.
- Experience with information architecture and taxonomies.
- Experience with animation and motion design.
- Experience with guided Uis.
- Experience in SaaS.
- Experience with PWAs/native mobile design/mobile-first development frameworks.
What you gain
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive Benefits Program: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more.
- A team committed to: solid communication. building trust, thoughtfulness, and process. fostering support and growth.
- Performance-based career growth opportunities.
- Work/life balance with remote days available.
- Develop your communication and facilitation skills, product thinking/strategy skills, as well grow your UX toolbox.
- Opportunity to help drive product insights and UX guidance for a scaling education tech company.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
At AMOpportunities we champion the reality of diversity and the necessity of inclusion and accessibility. We are deeply committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing our employees a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strictly prohibit discrimination and harassment based on disability, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy status (including childbirth and related states), sexual orientation, race, color, social or ethnic origin, religion, age, HIV status, past/present military service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
No Recruiters Please
When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay to apply. That is a scam! Always verify you’re actually talking to the company in the job post and not an impostor. When clicking the button above, you will leave JobsForDesigners and go to the job application page for that company outside of this website. JobsForDesigners accepts no liability or consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.